SERVICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Due to the development of IT technologies use, many organizations started focusing on service rendering quality. Availability of IT-services management system in compliance with ISO 20000-1:2011 will help organization determine main directions for rendering quality services taking into account stakeholders.
Service management system (SMS, ITSMS) – management system used for determination of service direction and control of service provider activities in respect of service management.
ISO 20000 standard sets requirements for organization rendering any kind of IT-services, regardless of its size, area of activity and geographical location. It is worth noting that this standard can be recommended for high-technology organizations – system integrators, banks, insurance companies, Internet providers, software developers, etc.
Information service management system can be integrated with other management systems, e.g. with quality management system in compliance with ISO 9001, environmental management system in compliance with ISO 14001, information security management system in compliance with ISO 27001, etc.
ISO 20000 series of standards includes:
1. ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Section 1. Service management system requirements. ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 standard specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve service management system. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfill service requirements.
2. ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 – Code of Practice. ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 offers summary of practical guidelines to auditors and assistance to service providers in planning service management system improvements or in being audited for compliance to the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1. ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 standard is based on British BS 15000-2 standard.
3. ISO/IEC TR 20000-3:2009 – Technical Report Part 3: Guidance on scope definition and applicability of ISO/IEC 20000-1. ISO/IEC TR 20000-3:2009 supplements ISO/IEC 20000-2 standard and provides guidance on scope definition, applicability and demonstration of conformity for service providers aiming to meet the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1, or for service providers who are planning service improvements and intending to use ISO/IEC 20000 as management tool. It can also help service providers who use ISO/IEC 20000-1 for implementing a service management system and who need advice on whether ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements are applicable to their organizations and how to define the scope of their management services.
4. ISO/IEC TR 20000-4:2010 – Technical Report Part 4: Process reference model. The purpose is to facilitate the development of a process assessment model according to ISO/IEC 15504 process assessment principles. ISO/IEC 15504-1 describes the concepts and terminology used for process assessment, ISO/IEC 15504-2 describes the requirements for the conduct of an assessment and a measurement scale for assessing process capability. The process reference model provided in ISO/IEC TR 20000-4:2010 is a logical representation of the elements of the processes within service management system that can be performed at a basic level. Using the reference model in a practical application might require additional elements suited to the environment and circumstances. Process reference model is not an ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirement.
5. ISO/IEC TR 20000-5:2010 Technical Report Part 5: Exemplar implementation plan for the first part of the standard. ISO/IEC TR 20000-5:2010 includes practical guidance to service providers on the order of improvements planning and implementation. It is recognized that a standard three-phase approach is used to implement a service management system. The approach provides a structured framework to prioritize and manage the implementation activities. ISO/IEC TR 20000-5:2010 is a Guidance.
Certification of IT-services management system in Russian Register, allows You to obtain:
Certification in Russian Register shall be Your contribution to global practice of information service management system.
Certification Association “Russian Register” is the largest and most recognized in Russian and abroad Russian independent Certification Body for management systems, products and personnel certification. Learn more